Friday, February 29, 2008

Finally over the FLU

Wow- it has been about 10 days getting over this flu- It SUCKED! Finally today I can breathe and I actually want to eat. I guess because I have been so congested that the thought of eating made me want to gag. Mostly it was bread type stuff and anything that was dry. Of course I forced myself to eat because of lil pumpkin but everything just tasted horrible. Today I am going to Pei Wei for lunch and get something spicy to try to clear out the last bit of congestion.

Not much going on in the way of symptoms...BBs are a little sore, not too bad.
I think Jason would say that I have been a little moodier :).
I am definetly more tired in the evenings but I can't tell if that is because of lil pumpkin or just from being sick. Probably a combination of both.
The main thing that sticks out is THIRST! I remember being thirsty with Garrett, but I can't remember if it was this bad. I guess that is my body's way of staying hydrated!

I am not thinking about the "slower" beta. I am just going on with life as if I never had that result and that everything is just fine. I am enjoying every moment of this pregnancy. It took so long for us to get here and this will (probably) be my last pregnancy so I am just savoring every moment and not letting worry get to me.
I really do believe deep down that it is going to be ok. Can't wait to see the lil pumpkin on the 12th during the ultrasound though-just to make sure!

I bought a pregnancy journal this past weekend-it has places in it to record your weight and waist size throughout the pregnancy. I measured my waist and then got curious what my waist size was with Garrett. So I opened up the journal that I kept when pregnant with him to compare the sizes. I WAS 5 MONTHS PREGNANT before my waist was the size it is now. GEEZ, can you say I have put on a few pounds...In fact at my current weight I am only 5 lbs. less than I was when I GAVE BIRTH last time. Granted I only gained 20lbs with Garrett, but still I am 15lbs heavier going into this pregnancy than I was last time. Kind of depressing- but oh well- I can worry about it after lil pumpkin has made its debut in October...

1 comment:

judy said...

You are doing a great job with Lil Pumpkin.....Keep us up to date.