Friday, February 20, 2009

I am scared to tell my Mom

I feel like I am 15 and unmarried and knocked up, I am really nervous to tell my Mom.
I mean it is silly to feel this way. I am happily married, can take care of 3 children financially, have a house (although we probably need to move to a 4brm house)--but still I can't help it- I feel nervous.

I am sure they are going to wonder why in the world we would let this happen having just had a child with PKU. But here is the way I look at it... first there is a one in four chance this child will have PKU and a 3 in 4 chance it WILL NOT. So odds are in our favor there- but if he/she does have PKU then that will give Davis someone to commiserate with. I have read lots of stories that adults with PKU wished they had a sibling with it as well to go through it with.

I will feel bad for this child if it has PKU, but I will feel bad for Davis if it doesn't. He will be the only one with the different diet. I guess there is no sense of worrying about it now- at this point it either has it or it doesn't.

Still in SHOCK! I feel hungover today. I am going to make myself go for a walk when Davis wakes up. Literally I could sit on the couch all day. I didn't sleep well last night though. I went to bed at 10pm, woke up-wide awake at 11:30. Got up and watched The Lakehouse until about 1:30am. Fell asleep around 2am. Davis woke up at 3am, went in and re-swaddled him and stuck his paci in his mouth. Then I couldn't fall back asleep. I think I finally went back to sleep around 4:30am, then up at 7am-Whew-
Guess I better get used to getting up in the night again. Davis started sleeping through the night about 8-9 weeks, so hopefully this little one will do the same...

No comments: