Monday, February 16, 2009

Four Months Old


Well Davis turned four months yesterday (will post picture as soon as I download of camera). What a crazy four months it has been...

Things he can do:
Roll from stomach to back
Giggle
Suck on hands
Grab and hold on to things
Sleeps through the night
Can bring the house down with his screams
Track you with his eyes all the way across the house

I swear I think he is getting teeth. Everyone thinks I am crazy, but when he is in one of his full on screaming fits you can see two little slits on the bottom gum. I bet within a month he is cutting teeth... Maybe that explains the grouchiness-- LOL

We went to the Ped today. He weighed 14lbs 10oz (50%) and was 25 3/4 inches (75%)and he has a big noggin-(89%). We will not be starting food yet. That will probably be next month. The PKU doctor is in charge of his food and food schedule and we go to clinic next month so I am assuming that is when they will give us the go ahead.

I am participating in an event called Texas Tough that benefits Children's Hospital and specifically the PKU dept. It is a run, bike and swim event held on different days throughout the year. The run (5K) is coming up in March. I have already raised $2500 for the PKU dept. Team PKU's goal is $50,000. I feel so lucky to be part of such a great group!
It is nice to know that someone cares about your child! I met a girl, Sarah, down at the lab when he was first diagnosed. Her daughter is a couple of months older and also has PKU. She and her husband have hit the ground running with the diagnosis. They organized Team PKU for the 2008 Texas Tough bike event and raised $17,000. They have also formed the PKU Foundation. I feel very lucky to have met them. I think we will be close friends over the years to come

No comments: