Monday, January 26, 2009

How long is "a while"?

Davis' phe level was high again this week-13.6, so we are adjusting the formula recipe to bring it down.

But my question is this.... how long is a "while"? That is the answer I get when I ask about brain damage. His level has to be high for a while for that to happen. But noone can seem to tell me how long that is. I feel certain it is longer than two weeks (which is how long it has been too high) but how much longer is it.

I know they can't tell me an exact timeframe and I am sure it differs from person to person but I just wish I had something more definite. Something to make me feel like I am not causing my child brain damage...sigh...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I just found you blog through a comment that you left on mine...I'm so sorry about the PKU...it sounds like it's hard to regulate at this point...I look forward to hearing more about your family! The magic ears thing is a classic...you'll be so glad you wrote that one down!