Wednesday, December 12, 2007

New hope

I am just sitting here thinking back when we first started TTC. The first time and the second time. I was so full of hope, thinking I would be pregnant in no time.
"I will be one of the ones that gets pg right away" I thought- Boy was I wrong.
It took 15 cycles of trying for Garrett- That is a long time. We did not have insurance at that time so no testing or anything was done. We scheduled a trip to Mexico and two weeks later I found out I was pregnant.

We decided to start trying again in Dec. 2005. Once again I thought- "oh I have gotten pregnant before so it should be easy this time"- WRONG. Here we are two years later. At least this time I have some answers to why I can't get pg and a plan to get pg.

That leads me to where I am now- again I am thinking "oh I am going to start treatment soon, hopefully this month or January, so I will get pg right away"
I know from past experiences I shouldn't think this way, but it is so hard not to. Especially when trying something new. I feel as hopeful as I did way back in June 2002 when I quit taking the pill for the first time.

Tonight I take my last pill. I was on the pill for the lap and even though I could stop taking it at any point after the surgery, I decided to finish out the pack so Friday (when I have my post-op appt) will hopefully be CD 1 or 2 and maybe we can get started with treatment right away.

Here's to hope...

No comments: