Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Divine Intervention?

I believe in Divine Intervention. My Mom calls them "little God things". You know things that happen that seem to be much more than coincidence. I believe that my IF insurance coverage is just that... a little God thing.

Let me explain...
My company switched insurance in October. I researched all of the options and of course none of them covered IF- or so I thought. I called the HMO option once more to inquire about surgery for my DH. I thought to ask about IF one more time. Lo and behold, the person said this plan does have coverage-6 IUI cycles and 6 IVF he thought. But I would need to call the IF line and find out for sure. Of course at this point they were closed for the day.

I called back the next day and they wouldn't be able to tell me specifics until I actually got my group number but yes it did look like I had the "comprehensive IF coverage" which covers 6 IUI cycles.

So I wait and wait to get the group number- finally get it and they tell me it does cover the 6 IUI cycles, but not IVF. Fine-great, that is way more than most women get so I am happy--no, ECSTATIC!

A few weeks later, something inside made me want to dig a little deeper-just to make sure. I printed out the plan description from the insurance website and it had an IVF rider attached that had certain criteria to meet and upon meeting the criteria IVF was covered. The only criteria I might meet was endometriosis. Didn't know for sure if I had it or not but had a lap scheduled to find out. So I call the insurance company to ask about it and they have no idea what I am talking about or where I got the rider. I told them I had printed it out from THEIR website...

They researched it for a MONTH- managers reviewed it, account rep reviewed it and finally the legal team reviewed it. A month later they finally called and told me even though it was a mistake and not supposed to be part of my plan that they would honor it since it was their mistake--OMG!! I don't know how many cycles it covers, probably one, but that is so much more than most women get. I am very grateful.

Obviously someone was looking out for me to guide me to the website and make the inquiries that I did. I have since looked at the website and the whole plan description has been taken off. They are covering up their mistake and don't want to have to make any more "exceptions" as they are doing for me.

Divine Intervention?? I think so. My Mom said that some little angel is up there and is ready to come down to us- and that it guided me to find this wonderful IF coverage.

No comments: