Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wow- starting IVF

I can't believe this!! Monday when AF showed I got a call from my insurance that I did not have to do another IUI cycle- I could move on to IVF if I wanted to.

So I called Jason to make sure that we had the money at the moment to cover the medicine. He said "Call the Dr and get going- I will find the money." (very sweet)

Anyway I called the RE to see if I could start this cycle and he said yes-

So I have started BCP, will be on them for 10 days. Go in for u/s on Jan. 25 and then I guess start stims at that point. Dr. said about 10 days of stims, then trigger shot. 36 hours later Egg retrieval and 5 days later transfer them back in.

He will put back in two embryos, so there is a possibility of twins-- but we will just cross that bridge when we come to it. At this point I am taking things day to day because I know once I start the stim shots it is going to fly by (until the 2ww)

OMG- I am overwhelmed!! I am very excited but nervous as well. I can't believe I have gotten to this point. I never thought this would happen, well it wouldn't have had I not checked and re-checked for the IVF coverage.

I have had a feeling all along that the second cycle with this RE will be the lucky one-and this is the second cycle. Hopefully my intuition is right!!

No comments: