Monday, September 17, 2007

Hello

Hello
I have just decided to keep a blog of my quest for child # 2. We are on our 20 cycle of trying for #2. I was just about ready to throw in the towel BUT I got some wonderful news. My company has decided to switch insurance. I thought maybe, just maybe, the new insurance would have some kind of infertility coverage. The first phone call I made inquiring about it resulted in a "no, none of our plans carry any IF coverage". That really bummed me out because I was really hoping it would cover something-- anything to give me hope.
For some reason I decided to call back and speak to someone else. Lo-and behold, the HMO plan does cover IF-- up to 6 cycles of ovulation induction, 6 cycles of IUI with injectibles and 6 cycles of IVF. HOLY SHIT!! I was in tears. Poor Jason thought something was wrong.

So now I wait until October 11 to meet with the new RE.

In the mean time I have taken Clomid this month and am waiting to see if by some chance I might get pregnant this month. Now that the stress is somewhat relieved. Wouldn't that be ironic!

No comments: